3. Create Stream Manager Instance
Create SM Instance and assign a Floating IP
We will be configuring the Stream Manager instance later, but to start, we need the floating IP address to assign to a domain name.
- From the left-hand navigation of the Digital Ocean dashboard, under the Manage section, choose Droplets
- Click on Create
- Choose Droplets from pull-down
- Choose an image: Ubuntu 16.04.6 (LTS) x64
- Choose a plan: CPU-Optimized; 4GB/2 CPUs (minimum suggested for running Red5 Pro)
- Choose a datacenter region
- Additional options are optional
- Authentication: choose SSH keys (select the key(s) you want to include
- Finalize and create: Choose a hostname; Select a Project; click on Create Droplet
Assign Floating IP
- From the left-hand navigation of the Digital Ocean dashboard, under the Manage section, choose Networking, Floating IPs
- Under Assign a floating IP, click on the link "To reserve a floating IP for a specific datacenter, click here."
- Choose the Datacenter location where you created your Stream Manager instance, then click on Assign.
- Select the Floating IP from the list; click on
More vand choose Reassign
- Find your stream manager droplet and select it.
Note: the new static
Floating IPwill be assigned in addition to the ipv4 address that was assigned to the droplet on creation.
Now, you can create a DNS entry associating the Stream Manager floating IP with your intended Stream Manager domain name (for example, streaming.mydomain.com).