2. Create Google Cloud SQL Instance
- Select the SQL menu option in the sliding menu pane on left to create a new MySQL db.
- Click on "Create instance" option.
- Click on "Choose MySQL".
- Set a instance ID such as
- Set a root password (you can let GCP generate the password).
- Database version: Select MySQL 8.0.
- Select the region where you reserved the static IP for the stream manager. For high-availability, select "Multiple Zones" (recommended for production environments).
- Click and expand
- Select a machine type, storage type according to estimated usage load.
Set Connectivity, make sure
Public IPis selected. Below it click on
+Add Networksand add the stream manager IP address. Note: You might also want to add your IP address to be able to manage the stream manager database.
- Leave the other options to default settings.
Set maintenance schedule, select an appropriate time for possible maintainence. Select a day which falls outside your streaming schedule.
- Press "Create" button to create the instance.