Generate and Add an SSH key
The SSH key will be used for connecting to the droplets as
Generate Your SSH2-RSA Key Pair:
- Open Terminal
ssh-keygen -t rsa
- Accept the default path and modify the file name if you wish (
Enter file in which to save the key (~/.ssh/id_dsa)
- Enter a passphrase and confirm (make sure this is SECURE, and noted somewhere for future reference)
- Private and public keys will be generated
- Download and run PuTTYgen
- Click on “Generate” button and follow instructions displayed to help PuTTYgen generate your private public key-pair.
- Once PuTTYgen finishes generating keys it will display the public key and other details in the application window.
- Enter a passphrase and confirm. (make sure this is SECURE, and noted somewhere for future reference)
- Click “Save public key” and save the key with a filename (ex: red5pro_node) on your file system in a secure location (or a common standard folder such as ~/.ssh/ under your user profile). Provide an extension of .pub to the file (public key).
- Click “Save private key” and save the key with the same filename as the public key (ex: red5pro_node) on your file system in a secure location (or a common standard folder such as ~/.ssh/ under your user profile). Provide an extension of .ppk to the file (private key).
- From the right hand of the console, click on your profile.
- Now select SSH Keys from the list.
- Click on add SSH key.
- Add a label name for example – red5pro-autoscaling-ssh
- Copy the public key and paste the contents of the key in the SSH Public Key field.
- Click on Add key.