Tenancy OCID, User OCID, and API Key
To begin, click on the profile image in the top right corner, and choose Tenancy. You will need to copy your tenancy OCID and add it to your checklist for the
- Go back to the pull-down menu from your profile, and choose Identity
- Copy the OCID and record it to your checklist for the
- For authorization and programmatic control of resources inside of Oracle cloud you will need an RSA private key in PEM Format.
- From the Resources list on the left, select API keys
- Click on Add API key
- Choose Generate API key pair and then Download private key (you must download the key at this stage).
- Now, click on Add (at the bottom of the Add API key dialog window).
- Copy the SSH key fingerprint and record it to your checklist for the
- We will copy the private key to the terraform server when we configure that.
NOTE: if you have multiple autoscaling environments (for example, develop and production), then you should create separate API keys for each environment, to ensure that they stay isolated.
The API key generated will look something like
firstname.lastname@example.org_2023-06-26T14_58_56.077Z.pem. We recommend renaming this to include the environment that it will be used for (example: