Create Stream Manager and Terraform Instances
We will now create two new VMs from the optimized disk image created.
Note: recommended for TESTING ONLY, you can run terraform, stream manager, and MySQL all on the same instance.
- From the custom images menu (in the Compute section) select the image that you created, and click on Create Instance.
- Give the instance an easily-identifiable name (e.g.
- Choose the correct Compartment and select any Availability Domain.
- For the Stream Manager instance, we want an instance with more memory, so click on Change Shape and adjust to use 1 OCPU and 16G memory.
- For Networking select the VCN and Subnet that you created. Show advanced options and place a check in Use network security groups to control traffic, choosing the Stream Manager Network Security Group
- Click to Create Instance.
Repeat the above steps to create a Terraform Service instance. As Terraform does not need much memory, you can set that allocation value to 4G.