Create Stream Manager and Terraform Instances
We will now create two new VMs from the optimized disk image created.
Note: recommended for TESTING ONLY, you can run terraform, stream manager, and MySQL all on the same instance.
- From the custom images menu (in the Compute section) select the image that you created, and click on Create Instance.
- Give the instance an easily-identifiable name (e.g.
- Choose the correct Compartment and select any Availability Domain.
- For the Stream Manager instance, we want an instance with more memory, so click on Change Shape and adjust to use 1 OCPU and 16G memory.
- For Networking select the VCN and Subnet that you created. Show advanced options and place a check in Use network security groups to control traffic, choosing the Stream Manager Network Security Group
- For Add SSH keys select Generate a key pair for me and then Download private key (you must download the key at this stage). Download the public key as well. We will copy the public key to the terraform server when we configure that.
- Click to Create Instance.
Repeat the above steps to create a Terraform Service instance. As Terraform does not need much memory, you can set that allocation value to 4G.
SSH key pair you can use existing which you generated and downloaded for Stream Manager instance:
- For Add SSH keys select Upload public key files (.pub) click Browse then choose your public ssh key. Example: ssh-key-2023-06-26.key.pub