Create MySQL Database
Navigate to the DB Systems section in the Compartment where you're configuring your autoscale environment.
- Click on Create DB System
- Give your database an easily identifiable name
- If this is a low-traffic or QA environment you can choose Standalone. High Availability is recommended for production environments.
- Create Administrator Credentials, and record the username and password in your checklist (note: Administrator password must be between 8 and 32 characters, and contain at least 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 numeric, and 1 special character.)
- Configure networking, select the VCN and subnet you created.
- Configure hardware, click on Change Shape. Database size requirements depend on the number of nodes in your nodegroup and the number of concurrent connecting clients. The
max_connectionsvalue is dependent on shape. See below for the defaults.
- If this is a production environment, then Show advanced options and place a check in Delete protected. Most of the data stored are ephemeral, so automatic backups are not strictly necessary.
- Click on Create (it can take 10-15 minutes to create the database)
- When it is created, copy the private IP to your checklist (you will need this for the stream manager and terraform connections).
- In order to modify the MySQL database, you will need to connect from a VM in the same VCN and subnet (for ease of management, you can do this from your stream manager). Important: make sure that port 3306 is included in the security rules for your subnet, otherwise you will not be able to connect.
- Install the MySQL client:
sudo apt-get install mysql-client
- Connect to your database:
mysql --host <database-private-IP> -u <Username> -p
- When prompted to
Enter password:enter the password created above.
- From the
create database cluster;and then return.
quitto exit the database.
The OCI managed MySQL
max_connections value is dependent on the VM shape. The default values per shape are:
- 8GB shapes - 500
- 16GB shapes - 1000
- 32GB shapes - 2000
- 64GB shapes - 4000
- all shapes larger than 64GB - 8000