vSphere Parameters for Terraform
The following items will need to be recorded to your Red5 Pro vSphere Autoscaling checklist for Terraform configuration.
- Register a new user, or use an existing user with administrative privileges in vSphere. Record the user name (
cloud.vsphere_user) and password (
cloud.vsphere_password) in your checklist.
- Record the IP address or domain name of your vSphere server (also called a VMware vCenter server) as the
- Connect to the vSphere/vCenter server using a Web browser, and log in to the vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Find the name of the datacenter, and record the ID/name as the
- Find the name of the datastore where you will be creating virtual machines, and record the value as the
- Find the name of the resource pool where you will be creating virtual machines, and record the value as the
- Find the name of the network where you will be creating virtual machines, and record the value as the
- You will also need to choose a "domain" to use for the node VMs, to be recorded as the