2. Create Google Cloud SQL Instance
Second Generation (Recommended)
- Select the SQL menu option in the sliding menu pane on left.
- Click on "Create instance" option.
- Click on "Choose MySQL".
- Set a instance ID such as
- Set a root password (you can let GCP generate the password).
- Select the region where you reserved the static IP for the stream manager.
- Click and expand
- Select a machine type, storage type according to estimated usage load.
Set Connectivity, make sure
Public IPis selected. Below it click on
+Add Networksand add the stream manager IP address. Note: You might also want to add your IP address to be able to manage the stream manager database.
- Leave the other options to default settings.
Set maintenance schedule, select an appropriate time for possible maintainence. Select a day which falls outside your streaming schedule.
- Press "Create" button to create the instance (see screenshots below).