AWS S3 Cloud Storage
Obtain security credentials for storage account S3 access:
- Go to the Amazon Identity and Access Management Dashboard
- From the left-hand navigation, choose Users
- Click on Add user
- Enter a User name: (for example, "s3accessuser"); Select AWS Access type Programmatic access; click on Next: Permissions
- Choose Attach existing policies directly; Search for and choose AmazonS3FullAccess; click on Next: Review
- Click Create user
- Click Show under Secret access key to reveal the key generated. It is critical that you make a note of this, as you will not be able to retrieve it from the AWS console after you close the creation screen.
- Click “download Credentials” button to download a csv file with the credentials to your computer. You will not have this option again, so keep this file in a safe place!
- Click “close” to close the window and return to IAM Users screen.
- You should be able to see the user you recently created - “s3accessuser” in the list on the page.
Navigate to S3 Storage on AWS.
Click on the Create Bucket button.
Enter a bucket name and choose the region you wish it to be hosted in. (Note: bucket names must contain only lowercase characters. Also the bucket name cannot include any periods (.) or spaces, otherwise the playback feature will fail). The click on Create. No additional permissions need to be set.