The following are required to setup the Red5 Pro Server and to follow along with this example:
Currently, the Red5 Pro server requires Java 1.8
- Download the Red5 Pro server from the downloads section of the Red5 Pro Accounts site.
- Unzip into a location on your local system. For the purposes of this tutorial, we will unzip the Red5 Pro server to: /Users/red5pro-user/red5pro on OSX or /home/red5pro-user/red5pro on Linux.
- Start the Red5 Pro server:
• On OSX & Linux: Open Terminal,
cdinto your Red5 Pro install directory and issue this command:
./red5.sh• On Windows: Navigate to the Red5 Pro install directory in a File Browser and double-click on
- After the server has started, open a web browser and navigate to http://localhost:5080
- If the server has started successfully, you should see the default landing page for the Red5 Pro server install • The landing page can be found at /webapps/root/index.jsp of your Red5 Pro installation. You can modify or remove it as desired. For now, we will use it to navigate around and demonstrate what the Red5 Pro server can do!
For the examples, we will be demonstrating how to set up the project in the Eclipse IDE. The steps for setup should be transferrable to the IDE of your choice, as it is the code and method of deployment that we will be more focused on.