Installing Red5 Pro on an AWS EC2 Instance
The following describes the steps in setting up a new EC2 instance. We recommend running Red5 Pro on Ubuntu linux.
EC2 Instance Setup
- In the AWS Console, Select EC2 Dashboard
- Click Launch Instance to create a new EC2 instance
- Select the latest Ubuntu Server from the list (Note: we suggest that you choose ubuntu over the Amazon Linux AMI because the latter does not support all of the libraries needed for some Red5 Pro functionality).
Continue through the setup options with most of the default settings, and these specifics:
- Instance Type: Will depend on your needs
t2.small will only be able to support minimal testing, while c4.xlarge (suggested both for number of CPUs and network performance) will support most live production streaming implementations.
- Security Group: Create a new security group with the following Inbound ports open:
|5080||default web access of Red5 Pro|
|1935||default Red5 Pro RTMP port|
|8554||default RTSP port|
|6262||websockets (for second screen and HLS)|
|8088||second screen client registry|
Ports required for WebRTC server using SSL:
|80||modified web access of Red5 Pro||TCP|
|443||standard HTTPS port||TCP|
|1935||default Red5 Pro RTMP port||TCP|
|8554||default RTSP port||TCP|
|6262||websockets for HLS||TCP|
|8081||websockets for WebRTC||TCP|
|8083||secure websockets for WebRTC||TCP|
|40000-65000||TURN/STUN/ICE port range||UDP|
Once the EC2 instance is setup and available, you can now SSH into it and continue the installation of required software.
Red5 Pro Installation
Copy Red5 Pro Server to the Instance
In following along with the next several steps, please replace occurances of
firstname.lastname@example.org with the .pem file you defined on instance setup and the Public DNS value for your instance, respectively. Also note, your ssh login credentials may be ec2-user intead of ubuntu if you set up an alternate *nix flavor image
To install the Red5 Pro Server:
- Download the server .zip distribution to your local machine. Make sure to login with your account on http://account.red5pro.com and download the server from https://account.red5pro.com/download.
- SFTP the server .zip distribution into the /tmp directory of your server:
$ sftp -i yourpemkey.pem email@example.com sftp> put red5pro-server-xxx-release.zip /tmp/ $ quit
- SSH into the instance using the AWS credentials:
$ ssh -i yourpemkey.pem firstname.lastname@example.org
Install Red5 Pro Server and Dependencies
Follow directions for installing Red5 Pro server on linux