Red5 Pro Eclipse Setup
The following steps describe how to setup a new project in the Eclipse IDE that will be runnable under the Red5 Pro Server.
The following are required to setup the Red5 Pro Server and to follow along with this example:
As of release 9.0.0, the Red5 Pro server requires Java 11. Install Java JDK if not already installed on your machine.
For the examples, we will be demonstrating how to set up the project in the Eclipse IDE. The steps for setup should be transferrable to the IDE of your choice, as it is the code and method of deployment that we will be more focused on.
- Open the Eclipse IDE into a new workspace • For the purposes of this example, the new workspace directory will be /Users/red5pro-user/red5prolive
- From the main menu, select the File > New > Java Project (may need to choose Other to find this option)
- In the Create a Java Project dialog, enter in Red5ProLive for the Project name field
- Click Next
- In the Java Settings dialog, select the Libraries tab
- Click the Add Variable button • We will be defining our Red5 Pro server install as a library dependency resource
- In the New Variable Classpath Entry dialog, click Configure Variables
- In the Classpath Variables dialog, click New...
- In the New Variable Entry dialog, enter RED5PRO_ROOT for the Name field, and define the Path value as the root of your Red5 Pro server install. For the purposes of this tutorial, that is /Users/red5pro-user/red5pro-server/
- Click OK and OK again until you are navigated back to the New Variable Classpath Entry dialog
- From the New Variable Classpath Entry dialog, select the new RED5PRO_ROOT entry and click Extend...
- Select the red5-server.jar from the listing and click OK
- You will be redirected back to the Java Build Path dialog
- Select the new RED5PRO_ROOT entry and click Extend...
- Select the /lib/red5-server-common-1.0.8.jar (note, the version number may vary)from the list and click OK
- Click Finish
With the dependencies from the libraries distributed with the Red5 Pro Server properly defined for your project, you can begin developing custom applications to be run under Red5 Pro.