2. Create SSH2-RSA Keypair
This Keypair will be used for Instance Authorizing Operations Across All Regions
Amazon EC2 key pairs are region-specific, so you will need to manually create an SSH2-RSA key pair to be used by the stream manager across all regions.
Generate Your SSH2-RSA Key Pair:
- Open Terminal
ssh-keygen -t rsa
- Accept the default path and modify the file name if you wish (
Enter file in which to save the key (~/.ssh/id_dsa)
- Enter a passphrase and confirm (make sure this is SECURE, and noted somewhere for future reference)
- Private and public keys will be generated
- Download and run PuTTYgen
- Click on the “Generate” button and follow the instructions displayed to help PuTTYgen generate your private-public key pair.
- Once PuTTYgen finishes generating keys it will display the public key and other details in the application window.
- Enter a passphrase and confirm. (make sure this is SECURE, and noted somewhere for future reference)
- Click “Save public key” and save the key with a filename (ex: red5pro_node) on your file system in a secure location (or a common standard folder such as ~/.ssh/ under your user profile). Provide an extension of .pub to the file (public key).
- Click “Save private key” and save the key with the same filename as the public key (ex: red5pro_node) on your file system in a secure location (or a common standard folder such as ~/.ssh/ under your user profile). Provide an extension of .ppk to the file (private key).
Import Public Key to EC2 Regions:
Note: you will need to repeat this process in every region you wish to include in your autoscaling solution.
To Import your public key:
- Navigate to the EC2 Dashboard
- Copy your public key to a non-hidden directory (you will not be able to find the .ssh directory in the browse to import step)
- In the left-side navigation, under NETWORK & SECURITY click on Key Pairs
- Click on the Import Key Pair button to open an import window. Browse and select the public key (.pub) you just created.
- Click the import button to finish importing the key pair into your current region.
- Navigate to each other region that you wish to include in autoscaling and repeat steps 3-5