3. Reserve Elastic IP
Reserve Elastic (Static) IP for Stream Manager
It is critical that the Stream Manager have a static IP address so that in the event that the instance is rebooted, it will retain the same public IP address.
To reserve an elastic IP address:
- Navigate to the EC2 Dashboard
- Ensure that you are in the region where you wish to set up Stream Manager (you can change the region from the region selector located in the top right section of your AWS console).
- In the left-side navigation, under NETWORK & SECURITY, click on Elastic IPs
- Click on Allocate New Address to bring up a confirmation dialog box. Choose EIP used in: VPC
- Click “Yes, Allocate” to reserve an IP address.
- After an IP is reserved the confirmation dialog will display it. Make a note of this IP address, to be used by the stream manager.