Deploying Stream Manager and Autoscaling on DigitalOcean
This document assumes that you have some basic knowledge of Digital Ocean platform management. It also assumes that you have some basic linux and network administration skills. If you need more detailed information, please contact us.
Autoscaling on Digital Ocean utilizes a Terraform server for deploying and removing Red5 Pro instances.
In order to use the Red5 Pro Stream Manager service on Digital Ocean, you will need the following:
- The latest Red5 Pro Server build.
- The Terraform Autoscale controller (
terraform-cloud-controller.jar), and Terraform binary and configuration files for Terraform server (
terraform-service.zip) from the Red5 Pro Autoscaling Extension Libraries section.
- An active Red5 Pro license key, Startup Pro level or higher. REGISTER HERE.. Note: clustering and autoscaling are not supported by
- An active Digital Ocean account with administrative rights.
- Dedicated droplets on which you can deploy Red5 Pro.